June 3rd, 2019

Well sorry I totally missed a week! This email counts for 2 lol. Last week was crazy so I am racking my brain to remember what happened. We have been teaching this guy named Angel and he has progressed so much the last two weeks. He had to miss church here with us since he was going to be in Massachusetts with his sister. But he totally went over there and sent us a picture back with him and the Elders in Massachusetts. We were so excited! Tuesday we had exchanges with the assistants. They work with the mission president directly for helping all the missionaries in the mission. But since w are Zone leaders we get to go in exchanges with them. It was SO AWESOME. We went to Baltimore for a meeting and I was legit just like a little kid looking at everything and having the time of my life. It had been a while since I had been in the city but I remembered so many things that happened and people I met last summer. It was amazing. We got lunch in the city at a place I went to all the time Haha. Good memories. But for exchanges I was with Elder Reed. He was my district leader a year and a half ago in York, it was awesome to see how much we had grown and changed over the past 16 months. We taught some sweet lessons and had a blast together. We ended the night off at David's house. David is so legit. We had a lesson on the Book of Mormon and so we read a little out of it. We were reading in a rotation taking turns at every verse when all the sudden he doesn't stop reading, he read almost the whole chapter out loud and was just eating it up. We talk after and he's like I need to be baptized. We invited him and he said he would love to. He was so prepared for us. Plus I've heard stories of him from other Elders and he's awesome. I guess in one of the lessons where they talked about baotism he stood up and said, "so are we going to do it now or later?" So he is just something else entirely. 
After our baller exchange in Columbia we drove back to Hagerstown. We had another lesson with Angel, I vsnt remember what we talked about but it was great. We have had some pretty powerful lessons with him about prayer and the Book of Mormon. He's felt the Hooy Ghost pretty strong and really loves meeting with us. 
We visited with this member named Erica during the week too. She is from Peru and is prepping for a mission. Her family was baptized like a year ago or something in Peru and she moved here. But we helped her with some English and then spent like a solid 45 minutes prepping these little Turkish snacks. She fried them up and they were SO GOOD. I dont remember what the heck they were called but we had a good time. Then we were walking around trying to talk to people when we talk to Oscar. He had talked with missionaries before, had a book of Mormon, and had questions. It strengthened my testimony that the Lord is preparing people all around to accept the gospel and have these blessings in their lives. But we had a great conversation with him and we will be back soon. 
That Saturday we had an amazing morning. We had a lesson with Martha and her son Hector. We just read about the atonement of Jesus Christ and had a great talk about it. Recently I have been studying a lot about the Atonement of the Savior and what that means for us. I have come to love the Savior even more and appreciate everything He did for us all. But it is very humbling to me to know that He would do that for me, as imperfect as I am. He loves each of us with a perfect love and a ALWAYS there for us when we need it. But we talked to them about Christ and it was a great lesson. Then we went over to Carla and William's house. We had an amazing lesson with them where we talked about the restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ. They loved it, they were so eager to learn and o come closer to God. When we talked about the Book of Mormon Carla didnt even want to put it down she was so interested. Then William told us about an awesome experience he had with God when he moved to the USA. It's crazy to see how God works in peoples lives to help them and prepare them for the gospel. During the afternoon that day the Calderon family visited us from Winchester. Elder Lewis baptized Tobias so it was super special for them. But it was great to see them again and to talk about how all my friends are doing down in VA. 
On Sunday we were walking around in the rain and we talked to this guy sitting under a ramada. The whole night had sucked and we couldn't find really anyone to talk to. But this guy was sitting there so we start talking about God and religion. We read a part of the Book of Mormon where Christ appears to the people in the Americas. It was super powerful. We left him with a card and walked back into the night to get to our car and go home. On memorial day we had a blast working since president Mutombo switched our preparation day.  So we went out and worked and got to talk to a good amount of people. 
Tuesday was Preparation day so we went hiking again to get some fresh air and see a cool view. We totally took a wrong turn and nobody told us there would be a fork in the road. So we walked about 5 miles the wrong way and then walked back and went to  the spot we were supposed to go to. I was dying after Haha it kicked my butt. But we got some cool pics and had a cool view. 
Wednesday I went on exchanges with Elder Nelson in Frederick which was a blast! His trainer is Elder Stackhouse, who was my companion a year ago. But now he's going home and finishing his mission which is whack. But Elder Nelson and I walked around a ton and had some pretty sweet lessons/contacts. It was super weird to be in Frederick again Haha. I'll probably be going there too this transfer again but we will see. 
During the week we have just been working with a lot of people and trying to help everyone we see. It's been such a blessing to serve and to he able to gain this knowledge in my life. I am so grateful for Jesus Christ and His atonement. He has carried me through the hardest times of my life and continues to do so every day. I love and miss you all. Have an amazing week and know that I am well and God is great. 
Elder Price


Comments

Popular Posts