August 20th, 2018

This week has been super great!! It was my last week in Baltimore so we went out with Felix and Esther to Shake shack. Esther was saying how its way super american in there haha. But I miss that branch they were so great!
Then on Wednesday morning Elder McDaniel and I headed up to transfers and I met my new companion. His name is Elder Casey and he's from Utah. He actually reminds me of myself which is super funny. But this is his first transfer in the field so Im his trainer, which is crazy because it feels like i just got here in the mission.
But we got doubled in to Frederick. So both of us don't know the area. But we spent the day with Elder Harker because his trainee came in from Mexico Wednesday night. So we got to meet a couple members and some recent converts.
I was sick this weekend which was rough but we got to meet a couple people and had lunch with the Martinez family. We had some BOMB chicken and he helped us a little with our Spanish. Then on Sunday we went to church and got to meet a ton of people. There was this one dude who was speaking in Spanish and then went off and spoke a ton of some dialect from his country. So Elder Casey and Southam asks whats going  on and I have no idea because I had never heard anything like that before.
But this branch is great, we are going to get  a lot of work done and they said they need help with some members that feel alone or haven't come in a while. So we tried to visit members on sunday night and nobody was home. We were on bikes too and my seat completely broke off so that was pretty lame. I just held it as we rode back home. But we share the car with the other Spanish Eders here so sometimes we have to bike. Then today I woke up ad was so drained from riding bikes and being sick haha. But I am doing great and Elder Casey and I are going to have a bast this transfer.

Comments

Popular Posts