November 26th, 2018


This week was a good week. Last Monday we had so much fun. We were able to visit with Sergio who is one of our less active friends. He seems to be doing well, his kids are growing fast. But right after that we went over to Saul and Isis's house for a family home evening. SO for family home evenings the family gets together and spends some time to strengthen family relationships and learn more about the gospel. Saul and Isis had never done one before so we went over and showed them how a basic one is done. We shared a spiritual message, played heads up with note cards, and ate pupusas. We had such a fun time. And I think we are going over tonight to have another one with them! 
Tuesday we had our weekly meeting and them went on exchanges. I was with Elder Randall, we had a good time together and it was cool to learn from him. We talked to a good amount of people, set up some haircuts, and visited with the Fuentes family. It was a good time. Wednesday we went over, after exchanging back, to the Martinez house. We were able to talk with him and his mom a little. We talked about setting a good example, his wife's family are all from Cambodia and they noticed some thing that are different with Hno Martinez. He said it is custom for the men to work and then make the women do all the household chores. So when his wife's mom saw him washing dishes and cleaning up the house with his wife, she was surprised. And he was telling this story and he said, "Of course I will help clean the house and do the dishes, we are a team. It's because I love her." The Spirit was so strong and I was like whoaa this dude is such a baller. 
But later that night we visited with the Salvador family to teach the grandma who is visiting. We had a good lesson and she always has a lot of questions. We used some fruit for examples so it was a good time. Then we tried by Samir and Alicia, we have been visiting them for like 3 weeks, and Alicia comes out really sad. Her dad had passed away suddenly so it was really hard fro her. They invited us to the viewing on Friday and so we went to support them. 
But Thusday was Elder Casey's birthday and Thanksgiving!! SO we went over to the Salvador home and had Thanksgiving dinner. We had ham rice and potato salad. I think just about every year I have had ham for Thanksgiving but this year was the first time with tortillas. It was sooooo good. Then we had some cake and headed out so full. We walked to the Martinez house and got to have more cake which I couldn't even finish I thought I was going to explode. We were able to share a little message and overall it was just a good day. 
Then on Friday we went to the viewing for Alicia's dad. It was pretty sad but everyone seemed alright. Also they had this lady translating and I have no idea if it was for us or if there were other people that spoke English. But this poor lady is getting emotional talking about her grandpa and having to translate. The family was super grateful we showed up and were there for them. Saturday we went out to visit the branch president with the other Elders. We had a good dinner with some pizza. That family is so funny and always is having a blast. Then we went out and worked in Damascus a little, didn't really have any luck.
Sunday we went over to the other Martinez house (yes there is 2 in the branch). They fed us lunch and we had a great time with them. Then we headed out to Pioneer circle which is a trailer park with a lot of people that speak Spanish. We walked around and then finally got to talk to our homie Ermes. I whip out a scripture from the Bible and I was like "Im gonna sit down till be a little easier and more comfy for me." So I sit in the grass and then I smell this smell and I thought, "Oh man someones dog just ripped one."


Then the thought comes to my mind and I'm like oh no, I look down and I literally sat in dag crap... So that was interesting. Just a side note, make sure there's nothing on the ground when you go to take a seat cause it sucks. So ya I totally sat right in dog poop right in front of this dude. Haha it was a good week and my clothes are in the wash so everything will be good. Love and Miss you all!!
Elder Price

Comments

Popular Posts